Conestoga Farm Carts
583 Hilldale Road
Holtwood, PA 17532
Conestoga Farm Carts
583 Hilldale Road
Holtwood, PA 17532
Standard Specifications for Our Garden Carts…
- Support frame for removable front dump is 1.5” x 1.5” x 1/8” plated steel angle welded at the base for maximum structural strength and support.
- Raised front panel prevents wide loads from sliding forward.
- Removable front panel for handy dumping.
- Exposed edges are protected by extruded aluminum bonded to the plywood.
- The panels are either 1/2” 4-ply 20-year outdoor marine grade treated plywood, or 1/2” durable PVC for easy cleaning.
- Tubing is 7/8” diameter galvanized steel, with .049 wall thickness.
- Kep nuts with washers to prevent them from coming loose.
- #26 has 2 legs and supporting braces for maximum strength and side support. The #20 cart has a single leg bent from one side to the other.
- Solid steel 1018 tempered axle permits hauling of loads up to 400 lbs.
- Special high quality wheels built in USA. They have 5” wide hubs with heavy duty rims and bearings. There are 32 spokes with a 3/16” diameter. These wheels are 4 times stronger than bicycle wheels!
- Pneumatic 26” tires traverse easily over uneven ground, through snow, or even up and down steps. Upgrade to “Flat Free” tires to eliminate flat tires.
Most Asked Questions About Our Garden Carts
Most Asked Questions about our Garden Carts
- What is the load capacity of your carts?
- Cart #26 is conservatively rated at 400 pounds. Cart #20 is rated at 300 pounds. Cart #24 is the same as #26 except it is 8” narrower and will fit through a 35” door.
- How good are your wheels?
- These are not bicycle wheels! Specifically designed for heavy-duty usage, the wheels on cart #26 are rated at 200 pounds each while the #20 cart wheels are rated at 150 pounds each. With flat-free tires, the rating goes up 100 pounds per wheel.
- Do your carts have a removable front panel for dumping?
- Yes, they do! Carts from other retailers also have a removable front panel for dumping, but please compare critically as quality and ease of use vary widely among manufacturers. Our carts use 1-1/2 welded angle iron for the removable door support. This heavy-duty frame accomplishes two purposes. First of all, the sidewalls of the cart will not bow out under a full load. Secondly, no cross-bracing is required that would hinder the load from being dumped.
- Can I store the cart outside? What about durability?
- Yes. All of the steel used on our carts is zinc-plated or galvanized. Other manufacturers use painted steel which can scratch and rust. Our fine wood panels are 4-ply 1/2” 20-year outdoor grade plywood or ½” durable PVC for easy cleaning.
- How do your carts compare with the low-cost imports seen in discount stores?
- Please compare quality. On the wheels of the imported carts, note the absence of ball-bearings, the “loose” and narrow-diameter spokes, and the lack of a tempered steel axle. Also note that the metal parts are painted, not plated. The imported “luan” plywood is interior grade and not the long-lasting outdoor grade.
- Is the cart difficult to assemble?
- No. Each cart is shipped partially assembled with protective edging and fasteners installed. Just the final assembly is required. You only need a screwdriver and an adjustable wrench. The tires are inflated, and the wheels and tires are completely assembled and ready to go.
- How soon after I order will my cart be shipped?
- 95% of the orders are shipped on the next business day.
- Are spare parts available?
- Any component part is available for shipment within 24 hours. We have parts available for every cart we have ever built. Please call to order parts.
- Which shall I buy, a garden cart or a wheelbarrow?
- Although a wheelbarrow may be handy for maneuvering in tight places, a garden cart boasts amazing characteristics. A spacious garden cart can move a large amount of material. Garden carts are designed to haul heavy loads, and the large wheels help the cart move easily over bumpy ground. The flat surface inside is perfect for transporting packs of seedlings for planting. The two-wheeled design makes a garden cart more stable than a wheelbarrow. We have small and large carts so you can choose the one that is perfect for your gardening needs.
- Which garden cart is the best?
- Cart #26 is our most popular garden cart because of its spacious cargo area of 32” wide by 36” long. This cart can hold up to 13 bushels. Our #24 cart is the perfect fit for narrow spaces. It is 24” wide and can easily fit through doorways. The #20 cart is a nice in-between cart with an 8-bushel capacity.
- Is a garden cart easy to maneuver?
- Yes, our garden carts are made of durable yet lightweight materials. The large wheels aid in maneuvering the cart easily over rough ground.
- What is the difference between pneumatic and semi-pneumatic tires?
- Pneumatic tires are inflated by compressed air. If punctured, the tire will go flat. Semi-pneumatic tires are made of molded, dense rubber and do not depend on compressed air to keep them inflated. A sharp object can poke a semi-pneumatic tire and it will not deflate.
Locate a Dealer
|Byler’s Harness Shop
16404 Navoo Road
Middlefield, OH 44062
7316 Amstutz Road
Shiloh, OH 44878
Phone: (419) 896-2110
|D&J Farm Store
65 Hess Rd
Quarryville, PA 17566
|Daniel’s Farm Store
324 Glenbrook Rd
Leola, PA 17540
64 Clearview Rd
Ronks, PA 17572
|Fairview Farm Center
100 Ladybug Lane
Pembroke, KY 42266
|Green Tree Hardware
1342 Georgetown Rd
Quarryville, PA 17566
N14704 Frenchtown Ave
Withee, WI 54498
|JD Farm Supply
9089 Center Rd
Williamsburg, IN 47393
|Kaufold’s Country Sheds & Gazebos
724 Middle Country Rd
Ridge, NY 11961
7176 Veterans Way
Ickesburg, PA 17037
|Old Trail Supply
813 Old Trail Rd
Port Trevorton, PA 17864
|Paul B Zimmerman
50 Wood Corner Rd
Lititz, PA 17543
1020 Sensenig Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
|Shady Lane Hardware
201 Orchard Lane
Spring Glen, PA 17978
871 Buffalo Cerulean Rd
Cerulean, KY 42215
19900 Sunny Ln
Platteville, WI 53818
|Sunset Farm Harness & Tack
3406 Knowlesville Rd
Medina, NY 14103
14386 7 Mile Rd
Stanwood, MI 49346
Byler's Harness Shop
D& J Farm Store
Daniel's Farm Store
Fairview Farm Center
Green Tree Hardware
JD Farm Supply
Kaufold's Country Sheds & Gazebos
Old Trail Supply
Paul B Zimmerman
Shady Lane Hardware
Sunset Farm Harness & Tack
Click for More Information About Our Carts
#20 Garden Cart
Style 1: Garden Cart $324.95
Style 2: Garden Cart with Flat Free Tires $398.95
Style 3: PVC Cart-White $324.95
Style 4: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-White $398.95
Style 5: PVC Cart-Black $324.95
Style 6: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-Black $398.95
Need a small cart for hauling materials to and from your flower beds or herb garden? The #20 Garden Cart has an 8-bushel capacity. Don’t let it’s petite size fool you. It is rated for up to 300 lbs of weight. The inside dimensions of the box are 23″ wide by 40″ long by 12″ high. The overall dimensions are 31″ wide by 54″ high by 32″ tall. It will fit through a 32″ door.
We have options to choose from.
PVC material or plywood. The cart built from PVC material is lightweight and durable. There is no need to paint PVC plastic. But if you prefer the painted look, you are welcome to apply a fresh coat anytime. The plywood we use is kiln-dried, exterior grade and doesn’t warp or twist in damp weather. Plywood lets you choose if you prefer to stain, paint, or let the cart as is for a natural look!
Air filled or flat free tires. Our air filled tires are made of quality material and built for heavy-duty use. They serve well under normal circumstances. If you want the assurance that your tires will never go flat, order you cart with flat free tires. Because they do not depend on compressed air to keep them inflated, they will not go flat when you accidentally push your cart over a nail. The flat free tires are rated at 100 pounds more per tire than the air filled ones. So if you plan to give your cart a work out for years to come, consider choosing the flat free tires.
#24 Garden Cart
Style 1: Garden Cart $420.95
Style 2: Garden Cart with Flat Free Tires $492.95
Style 3: PVC Cart-White $420.95
Style 4: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-White $492.95
Style 5: PVC Cart-Black $420.95
Style 6: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-Black $492.95
The #24 Garden Cart includes these quality features:
– Narrow cart that allows it to go through a 35″ door
– Approximately 9.5 bushel capacity
– Inside Dimensions: 23″ wide x 47.5″ long x 16″ high
– Front panel lifts for dumping
– Built from treated exterior grade plywood or 1/2″ durable PVC
– Solid steel axle for hauling up to 400 pounds
– Quality wheels that are four times stronger than bicycle tires
– Choice of pneumatic (air filled) or flat free tires
– Two legs in the front for maximum strength and side support
Call 717.284.4177 today for friendly customer service. We will be happy to answer your questions and help you purchase the cart that fits your needs!
#26 Garden Cart
Pictured here is our most popular (#26) garden cart model. No wonder! It boasts a cargo area of 31″ wide by 47.5″ long by 16″ high. This easy-to-handle cart holds up to 13 bushels of material. Need to dump? The front panel lifts out so you can unload those sticks and leaves with ease. The overall dimensions are 42.5″ wide by 68″ long by 31″ high.
The top photo is PVC material. PVC is the plastic of choice when you need a combination of lightweight and durability. PVC can be painted if you ever want to give it a fresh look, but it is made to go without paint for a lifetime.
Our plywood carts (pictured lower right) are made from kiln dried, exterior grade plywood. Kiln dried means it won’t warp or twist as it dries. It can be left with its natural look, stained, or painted to the color of your choice.
Don’t forget the choice of tires. Most homeowners will be happy with the air tires (like a bicycle has only much stronger), but for long term use, we recommend the flat free tires.
#14 Child Size Garden Cart
Style 1: Garden Cart with Flat Free Tires $115.95
Style 2: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-White $125.95
Style 3: PVC Cart with Flat Free Tires-Black $125.95
Load capacity 175 lbs.
Inside dimensions 15″ w x 32″ l x 8″ d
Available in wood and black/white poly
Goes through 22″ door
Standard wheels are plastic spoke with flat free tires
Carts ship with minimal assembly required.
Muck Bucket Cart
Style 1: Muck Bucket Cart $134.95
Style 2: Muck Bucket Cart with Muck Bucket $154.95
Need to muck out stables? Haul hay bales?
We have just the cart for you! Our sturdy muck bucket cart with its large 14″ wheels is the cart you need to help with those daily chores.
Consider the features of this work muck cart.
This cart will easily accommodate up to 200 lbs! Its sturdy 3/4″ diameter galvanized steel tubing construction creates a rugged cart that will last for years. Have you ever wished to increase your efficiency at chore time by being able to haul heavy loads? Now you can with our work muck cart!
We build the cart with wheels that are 14″ in diameter on a 1/2″ steel axle. (Compare with our competitors’ wheels that are about half this size). Large wheels handle heavy loads on rough terrain much easier than small ones. And the no-flat rubber tires take away the worry of puncturing a tire when you accidentally push the cart over sharp stones or broken glass.
The basket opening is 19″ x 19″ and holds a standard 70-quart muck tub (ordered separately). The cart is perfect for carrying large-sized loads but will still easily pass through a 25″ doorway.
In a tight spot? Push or pull, you make the choice. Either way it’s better than lugging heavy loads by hand.
And best of all, the cart is easy to assemble. The instructions are included in your purchase.
Do the math. You get better quality for less…
Style 1: Laundry Cart $142.95
Style 2: Laundry Cart with Basket $159.95
Made of 3/4″ galvanized tubing 14″ wheels with flat free tires. Axle is 1/2″ stainless steel. Overall width 25″, inside dimensions 16″ x 22 3/4″. Holds 1.25bu laundry basket.
Twin Bucket Cart
Style 1: Front to Back $84.95
Style 2: Side by Side $87.95
Utility Cart Parts
Interested in buying some utility cart parts? If you buy 3 or more of any one part you will get a discount. If you are interested in buying more than 6, we recommend that you contact us so we can give you the best price possible.
|20″ Air Tire Only
|20″ Pneumatic Wheel
|20″ Tube Only
|20″ Thorn Resistant Tube
|20″ Rim Only
|20″ Semi Pneumatic Flat Free Complete
|20″ Semi Pneumatic Tire Only
|26″ Pneumatic Wheel
|26″ Rim Only
|26″ Tire Only
|26″ Tube Only
|26″ Thorn Resistant Tube
|26″ Semi Pneumatic Flat Free Complete
|26″ Semi Pneumatic Tire Only
|26″ Heavy Spoke Pneumatic Wheel Complete
|26″ Heavy Spoke Rim Only
|26″ Heavy Spoke Flat Free Complete